Sunday, October 09, 2011

Time Flies

   
     Where has all the time gone?  It has been a few months since I have posted anything on this blog, but I am back.  Thanks to my cousin, Debra Newton-Carter.  Debra had been taking some time off to research and finally posted on her blog:  In Black and White: Cross-Cultural Genealogy.  She stated that I had inspired her to re-evaluate how she was posting on her blog.  Her writing is top-notch and very scholarly.  She stated she was going to use her blog to begin posting some of her research for her writing project.

     Well, I have to tell her, that she inspired and encouraged me from what she posted because I realized that I have not been focusing on the right task at hand.  I enjoy posting on Digging Roots: My Family History blog, but I have not been focusing on my main project.  My focus is on The Cully Family, who were a Free People of Color in the early 1800's.  It is true that I want to dig deeper into the other Surnames, which will come naturally as I relate the individuals to the Cully's in the Novel, but I need to stick to what is relevant to my project.

     Yes, I will still be posting to my Genealogy blog, but you will see more posts to this one on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment