Friday, August 05, 2011

Greetings!

Welcome to my new blog: The Cully Family-An African American Legacy.  It is my sincere pleasure to invite the outside world into my space to see how my Historical Novel will develop into a well researched Masterpiece of Art.  Why do I call it a Masterpiece of Art?  Because whenever you make something out of nothing and develop it into something that has an impact to the spirit and the heart of a people...I believe then that it is a Masterpiece of Art.

It is my sincere hope that you enjoy what I write and that my writing intrigues you enough to want to know more.        My interest of writing my Family History began when my mother passed, as I had promised her when she was living that I would help her with her memoirs of Sugar Hill in New York City.  I was to help her with her genealogy and discover names and piece together some of her historical background of her roots.  My mother never lived to realize the dream she had, but through me, I plan to incorporate her stories in the book I am writing on the Cully Family.

I look forward to any constructive criticism, advice, and your comments.  Thank you for taking the time to read my posts, and I look forward to sharing with you.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I see you are sorting and organizing! You're really going to keep me on my toes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Debra, you are keeping me on my toes...LOL Believe me...

    ReplyDelete