Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Quote by Rina Swentzell (Inside of Book)

I like it when a book begins with some type of Quote, poem, or saying in the inside cover, or even on the front cover of the book.  I came across this Quote a few years ago, and I feel it sums up the meaning of why I do my genealogy, why I take family history trips, and why I believe that my ancestors are guiding me through the process.  I do plan on getting permission to use this in The Cully Family Book.
"What we are told as children is that people when they walk on the land leave their breath wherever they go. So wherever we walk, that particular spot on the earth never forgets us, and when we go back to these places, we know that the people who have lived there are in some way still there, and that we can actually partake of their breath and of their spirit."

Rina Swentzell, Santa Clara Pueblo

No comments:

Post a Comment